Friday, September 16, 2011

An Interview With Myself

So, are you ready to do this interview?
As ready as I will ever be. Ask away!

Okay, let’s start off with a simple one. What is your dream job?
That's easy...To be a writer and photographer.

What’s stopping you from doing those things?
Money- or rather the fear of not making enough.

What if money were out of the equation?
Well yeah, for sure I would do it if I didn’t have to be dependant upon money to survive.

Don’t you think that doing something you are passionate about will bring success?
Yes, but what if it doesn’t.

That sounds like your fear talking.
Probably.

What would be the harm in trying it. Like a test run?
None.

What do you want out of life?
To be happy and loved and to have a feeling of security.

Do you have those things now?
Yes, I do and I feel very blessed.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
To be more financially secure enough to not have to worry about those things. To be able to do the things I want to do in life without financial limitations.

Isn’t that everyone’s wish- to win the lottery and get rich?
Yes, I suppose it is however it is more than just that. I don’t desire wealth to blow it on frivilous things or to waste it. I want to be able to do things I love to do and to enjoy every second of my life to get the most I can out of my life by harnessing the things I am passionate about. I want to be able to help others in a way that isn’t always possible without funds.

So money brings happiness?
No, not at all. It is your attitude about life that brings happiness and joy. The richest person on earth could be the most miserable unhappy person in the world so wealth does not automatically equal happiness. Money just makes things easier.

What else would you like to change about your life?
To be more in tune with nature and nurture my spirituality a lot more than I do.

What is preventing that from happening right now?
Me not making the time to do it.

Are you too busy that you can’t take time for it?
No, it is a matter of me not making it a focus or priority right now.

But it is certainly something you can change right, because if it were important to you then it would be a priority.
That is correct.

What do you value in life?
My spouse, my family and friends. Loving others and being feeling love and acceptance. I value honesty and integrity greatly and trust means everything to me. If you don’t have those three things, you don’t have a solid foundation in your relationships. Once trust is broken and destroyed it is very hard to gain it back from me.

Has trust been broken before?
Yes of course. It happens to everyone at some point in their lifetime but it doesn’t mean it hurts any less when it does. Betrayal and broken trust can be very hurtful but it also makes you take a good look at the lesson it brings too.

Which is?
Well for me, it taught me to trust my intuition and to not fluff it off when red flags are raised. It also made me a lot more cautious in who I chose to give my trust to. But overall that gut instinct is golden and I have learned to trust that a lot more than anything. It has never led me astray when I chose to listen.

Do you forgive easily?
I do to a fault sometimes. I am very easy going and most times I give people chance after chance, however past experiences have also taught me that forgiving somebody doesn’t mean you forgive and forget. It means you are more cautious the next time and you don’t put yourself in that situation again. You also have to know when it is time to move on from situations and people if you keep getting the same results.

Do you hold grudges?
No and I don’t believe in revenge either. Grudges and revenge only harms you more than it does the person you are directing it at and it serves no purpose.

What is important to you in life?
Being the person I was always meant to be in spite of where I came from. Being able to help others and fulfill my purpose in life that God created for my life plan.

How do you know what your purpose in life is?
I just do. It has become clearer and clearer over the years and talking with and listening to God speak to me has confirmed it.

So you believe in God?
I do. Without the Great Creator we would be nothing so yes I do believe, love and trust in God.

What about religion? Do you believe in religion?
I have experienced many different types of religions over the years and there is one thing I know and that is organized religion is very different from spirituality. I do not believe you need to go through a religious organization to have a relationship with God. I prefer to have a direct connection with God so I go directly to the source and I have a close spiritual relationship with God.

What is the difference?
I’ve always joked that religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell and spirituality is for people who have already been. Don’t get me wrong, I think if people choose to be involved in organized religions, that is great for them and that is their choice. I can see how people would enjoy the fellowship with other like minded individuals and the direction it provides for their life. What I disagree with is many religious organizations try to put their followers into a box that is very limiting based on their particular belief systems and they truly believe their way is the one and only way to God. They are convinced their religious path is the only right way to heaven and I just don’t believe that. I don’t know about you, but my God is all encompassing and he loves everyone- no exclusions. My God is not about fear and condemnation. He is the ultimate light source of love and peace and joyfulness. You can’t tell me that God would condemn people to hell that live in other countries where their cultural beliefs differ from some religion here in the United States. People all pray to God as they know him in all different nations, cultures and languages and I believe it is all the same God whether he is known as God or by many other names. God cannot be confined to a small limiting box and neither should we.

And what about spirituality?
Spirituality is about that direct connection you have to God the life source. It is the relationship and the core of your heart and soul being connected to the light of God that gives you that joyfulness and peace in your life. It is knowing that no matter what God is always by your side guiding you, encouraging you, protecting and loving you. It’s about talking directly to God like you would a friend and being willing to be quiet enough to listen to his answers. I have many great conversations with God and I prefer my relationship with him this way verses through a religion that is more about following their way verses God’s way for my life.

What motivates you?
(smiling) Many things do. Watching the sun rise in the early morning hours. Listening to beautiful music that moves my soul. Hearing a child’s laughter and witnessing excitement and wonderful delight in their eyes. The sound of gentle rain. The desire to accomplish things on my own. There are too many things to name… my drive and passion motivates me too as does anger.

Anger? How can that be motivational?
When you harness that anger to make changes that are positve to your life. Anger about something stirs passion inside you and it can definitely be a great motivator to get you moving into action to make positive changes.

What are you passionate about?
I feel passionate about a lot of things but one of the most important ones is the prevention of child abuse and being able to help others who have been abused. I am passionate about trying to make this world a better place even if it is just one small positive action at a time in my little part of the world. Anything you put out to the Universe has a ripple effect so I prefer to make my ripple a positive one.

Do you really think that makes a difference in this huge world we live in?
Well there is a quote I am reminded of that I will use to answer this one:
“Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met a mosquito.”

Great quote and with that I think I’ll end. Thanks for talking with me, we will have to do this again.

Anytime. You know where to reach me. 

12 comments:

BryM said...

My friend, you are indeed a beautiful soul and I'm blessed to know you. :-]

Whit's Whittlings2 said...

PolarB:

That was a fine interview. I think the person doing the interview should get a job doing interviews on a morning show. :^)

You certainly are in touch with your values.

Nightbug said...

I absolutely loved reading that - it was very insightful and also very fun. I especially liked the mosquito quote.

If I, however, did an interview with myself, I think I would end up developing a second personality by the end of it. ^.~

PolarB said...

Thanks Bry- I am blessed to have so many good friends that I value and love.♥

PolarB said...

I wish Whit! Wouldn't that be a fun job to interview all kinds of interesting people?

PolarB said...

Aww thanks Nightbug- Actually I found it was a really fun way to write! I may just do it again!
Hugs!♥

1manview said...

Great interview PolarB. Creative and honest. Enjoyed it very much...

the yellow fringe said...

Nice, very nice.

Bupu2 said...

It's good to find your blog! And I have you dialed in on FB as well. Great interview. I'm struck by the number of things we have in common. I know your post was a while ago, but I just got settled in after a long absence myself. Hope you'll be posting more soon. Love, Bupu

eveningson said...

I like doing interviews too.

Okay, let’s start off with a simple one. What is your dream job?
I retired at 45. Dont need a job.

That's easy...To be a writer and photographer. You dont need a job to do this.

What’s stopping you from doing those things?

Money- or rather the fear of not making enough.

You can do it anyway. suffering is the name of the road to success.



What if money were out of the equation? Money is never out of the question. But money is not everything. Finding out that all it takes is a bit of food and all the rest falls into place.
Well yeah, for sure I would do it if I didn’t have to be dependant upon money to survive.

Don’t you think that doing something you are passionate about will bring success?
Yes, but what if it doesn’t. What is success. I think living each day is successful. Inner peace is more important than anything



That sounds like your fear talking. It probably wont but do something that you are good at. no matter how humble. fear is a killer.

Probably.

What would be the harm in trying it. Like a test run? There are no test runs in life. You have to jump in with both feet. and good insurance.

None.

What do you want out of life?
To be happy and loved and to have a feeling of security.
I wonder what security means. I doubt that complete security is possible. unless you are retired and can live within your means.




Do you have those things now?
Yes, I do and I feel very blessed. I dont think you are being fully honest. What do you feel. Not what you should feel.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
To be more financially secure enough to not have to worry about those things. To be able to do the things I want to do in life without financial limitations.
there will be financial limitiations. you have to learn to live in a zone where finances dont matter.

eveningson said...

So money brings happiness?
No, not at all. It is your
No money does not.

Not needing money brings happiness.

What else would you like to change about your life? nothing.


Are you too busy that you can’t take time for it?
No, it is a matter of me not making it a focus or priority right now.

You cant focus on something that is all around and inside. you just have to go with your senses and the problem will be solved.


That is correct. You must be doing something that you consider not natural then. How could that be if everything you do is done by the nature that you are.

What do you value in life?

I value each moment of my life. If I live well others who love me will benefit. Never be with someone who does not love you. take off.

Has trust been broken before?
forget trust. worse word invented.

Which is?
If it is not right and the other does not love you, it is always red flag country.

Do you forgive easily?
just try being and the ones who love you will show up.

Do you hold grudges?
Grudges are stupid unless you want to kill somebody and that is illegal.

What is important to you in life?

Each moment.

How do you know what your purpose in life is?
I just do. It has become clearer and clearer over the years and talking with and listening to God speak to me has confirmed it.

Live each moment.

So you believe in God?

No. GOd believes in me. that is his job.

What about religion?

Religions are basically silly. But who am i to judge. My life is my religion.

What is the difference?

We are spirits. what is complicated about that.

What motivates you?
(smiling) Many things do.
living each moment and getting away with it.

Anger? How can that be motivational?


Anger is like rust. If you like rust then go for it. be angry.

What are you passionate about?

Me.

Do you really think that makes a difference in this huge world we live in?

The world is actually very small and one square yard of dirt is infinite. i am the only one alive to me.

Blogger said...

Earn faucet bitcoins over at Easy Bitcoin Faucet. 11 to 33 satoshis every 10 minutes.